You only have $500 left but need a new laptop. Are you doomed? No, not really, but you’re going to need a laptop expert – er, like me – to point you in the right direction. Honestly, as a laptop reviewer, I’ve seen terrible laptops at all price points. Of the $1,000 HP Dragonfly Pro Chromebook (Gag) to the $2,000 Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 (laughs), bad laptops can show their ugly little heads any tax class.
However, if you’re looking for pennies, you’ll have to make some sacrifices. For example, if you love Windows or macOS but can’t afford to spend more than $500, you may need to learn how to get used to ChromeOS, which might not be a bad deal (especially if you use ChromeOS frequently) . Google ecosystem). Luckily I know a thing or two about it best cheap laptops.
Laptops under $500
You might be wondering, “Can I buy a laptop for just $500?” Yes, but finding a decent laptop in this price range is like finding a diamond in the rough.
Your budget is already limited – there’s no need to skyrocket your electric bills as your laptop can’t stay alive for more than 30 minutes. The best laptop under $500 we’ve tested that gives you battery life And Facilitate your light productivity needs Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook.
3 reasons the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook is the best laptop under $500
Why you can trust Laptop Mag
Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Learn more about how we test.
1. The battery life is 13 hours and 31 minutes. according to our internal runtime tests. The average Chromebook lasts about 9 hours on a charge, but the IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook can squeeze out another four hours, allowing you to get more done without being plugged in.
2. It features an attractive, ultra-portable design. You can use the IdeaPad 5 Chromebook as a tablet, but when you’re ready to use it as a laptop, you can attach the included keyboard and cover to get the clamshell form factor. When you’re on the go, you can fold it up to look like a cute little diary – no one would ever guess it’s a 2-in-1 laptop.
3. It features a bright, vibrant OLED display. This IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook—equipped with a 13.3-inch 1080p OLED touchscreen—will be your content consumer hub. Watching your favorite TV shows and movies on this cute convertible will be a visual treat.
Where to buy: The IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook is $499 at Walmart. It is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon SC7180 CPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, Qualcomm Adreno 618 graphics and a 13.3-inch 1080p OLED touchscreen.
Laptops under $1,000
In order! Looks like you have $1,000 to spend. Now give me a little more wiggle room — and we can get out of Chromebook land. You can find excellent Laptops in this price range, but be prepared to sacrifice some bells and whistles, like an ultra-bright display, angelic-sounding speakers, and discrete graphics.
Still, with $1,000 you can snag a laptop that will cover all your core needs, such as the $800 Asus ZenBook 14 (Q409ZA).
3 reasons the Asus Zenbook 14 is the best laptop under $800
1. You get a lot for your money. For less than $800, you get a laptop that lasts almost 11 hours on a single charge, has an impressive 2.8K 90Hz display, a fingerprint scanner, and satisfying performance.
2. The touchpad is huge and doubles as a number pad. This makes it an ideal laptop for anyone who has to deal with numbers frequently. Also, you can use it to quickly launch the Calculator app.
3. Its chassis is an eye-catcher. Its design is inspired by a Japanese art style called Kintsugi, where broken pieces are put back together to create an eye-catching, broken but solid look.
Where to buy: The Asus Zenbook 14 is $749.99 at Best Buy. It is equipped with a 12th generation Intel Core i5-1240P CPU, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD storage and a 14-inch 2880 x 1800 90 Hz display.
Laptops under $1,500
Now you have the MacBook money! If you ask me, $1,500 is the perfect budget if you’re looking for a powerful laptop that meets key consumer demands: long battery life, snappy internals, solid build quality for durability, and more. Although the M2 MacBook Air For someone on your budget, that would be a pretty good choice Acer Swift 5 is better and cheaper – Sorry, Apple!
3 reasons why the Acer Swift 5 is the best notebook under $1,500
1. It beats the M2 MacBook Air in most performance benchmarks – and it’s cheaper too. We tested the $1,200 Acer Swift 5 versus the $1,500 MacBook Air M2 (8-core GPU, 10-core GPU); It outperformed the Apple laptop on many key benchmarks, including Geekbench 5.4 (overall performance), video transcoding, system responsiveness, productivity, and more.
2. It features an impressive 14-inch WQXGA display with 2560 x 1600 pixels. This colorful panel exudes vibrant, rich and well-saturated tones. It’s also detailed and sharp. In addition, it offers more screen real estate than typical laptops due to its 16:10 aspect ratio.
3. Its luxurious design is exquisite. This laptop features an aerospace-grade aluminum chassis — à la iPhone 14 – with a bold misty green body and iridescent golden accents.
Where to buy: The Acer Swift 5 is $1,199 at Best Buy. It is equipped with a 12th generation Intel Core i7-1260P CPU, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16 GB RAM, a 1 TB SSD and a 14-inch touchscreen display with 2560 x 1600 pixels.
Laptops under $2,000
Hey big funder! You deserve to get this Creme de la creme of laptops with this budget. It has to have a great processor and graphics, great sounding speakers, a great keyboard, a great display, and everything in between. What do I have in mind? Let me show you my final recommendation: the 14-inch MacBook Pro (10-core CPU, 16-core GPU).
3 reasons why the 14-inch MacBook Pro is the best laptop under $2,000
1. It has a staggering battery life of nearly 17 hours! In Laptop Mag’s battery test, the 14-inch MacBook Pro lasted 16 hours and 37 minutes on a single charge.
2. It has a hideous M2 Pro chip that can handle all your content creation needs like a champ. Whether you use sophisticated video editing software or machine learning algorithms, the 14-inch MacBook Pro should keep up with you without breaking a sweat.
3. Divine orators. If you’re a music producer or podcaster, you need premium speakers that deliver quality sound – and the 14-inch MacBook Pro is known for its angelic sound.
Where to buy: The MacBook Pro is $1,999 at Apple. It comes with the M2 Pro chip (10-core CPU, 16-core GPU), 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD storage and a Liquid Retina XDR display.
Alternatively, if you don’t use macOS, consider the following: LG grams 17. This is an incredibly lightweight powerhouse (seriously, it only weighs 3 pounds and has a massive 17-inch display). It packs up Up to date 13th Gen Intel Core i7-1360P CPU, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 GPU, 16 GB RAM, a 1 TB SSD and a 2560 x 1600 pixel display. While it doesn’t offer 17 hours of battery life like the base model M2 Pro MacBook Pro, it can last over 12 hours on a charge, which is longer than most Windows laptops. (It is $1,779 at Amazon).